CLOSINGS AND DELAYS:

Crossview Christian Tuesday School, Greenon Local Schools, Rehab Center & Neuro Devel,

Watch Live

Early morning fire at Steak ‘n Shake caused by overheated motor on roof

Published: Friday, January 11, 2019 @ 2:14 AM
Updated: Friday, January 11, 2019 @ 2:57 AM

Steak and Shake Fire

UPDATE @ 3 a.m: An overheated motor on the roof caused a small fire to occur at Steak ‘n Shake on Wilmington Pike Friday morning, officials say.

OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Heat lamp in dog shed may have caused house fire in Preble County

Crews responded to the restaurant, located at 6380 Wilmington Pike, and found smoke inside the building around 2 a.m.

Content Continues Below

The business was evacuated while crews handled the incident. 

No injuries were reported. 

The restaurant reopened and everyone was able to go back inside once crews cleared the scene approximately 45 minutes later. 

Damage estimates were not immediately available.