Thank you for your interest in the Closings and Delays Center Program.
The Closings and Delays Center Program is an emergency notification system designed to inform the community when schools, childcare centers, and larger organizations close or delay their opening due to inclement weather and other types of emergencies.
Forgot your password? Have questions about creating an account?
The Closings and Delays Center is an emergency notification system. We kindly request all the users to be respectful of the purpose of this system, use it only as intended, and avoid utilizing it as a possible marketing tool.
Please read over the following guidelines and, if your organization meets the requirements, follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to set up a free account. Your Closings and Delays Center ID/PIN and Password will be sent to you via email along with the instructions on how to access the system once your account is created. Please note that during weather and other types of emergencies we receive an increased number of new accounts requests. It might take up to 3 business days for your application to get processed.
- Public or Private Schools and Adult Education Facilities must have at least 100 students attending classes per day with the supporting documentation to be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast.
- Daycare Centers must submit their license information showing the number of children their facility is permitted to care for to be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast. Type B daycare homes do not qualify. The minimum number of children is 50 per day.
- Businesses must have at least 100 employees with the supporting documentation to be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast. Businesses with less than 100 employees can still request a free Closing and Delays Center account and have their information displayed on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com.
- Special Schools and other instructional for-profit organizations with less than 100 students or employees are considered a general business and not a school. Their information will be available on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com.
- Restaurants and other businesses whose patronage is elective will not be included in the Closings and Delays Center program.
- Shopping malls as a whole can be included Closings and Delays Center program. Individual stores inside the shopping malls cannot be included.
- Libraries can be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast and listed on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com.
- Churches and other religious institutions can be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast and listed on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com.
- Medical Office Groups whose closings may affect more than 100 employees can be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast if the support documentation is provided. All Urgent Care Facilities and Hospitals can be included in the WHIO-TV 7 broadcast and listed on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com. Individual doctors and dentists' offices cannot be included in the Closings and Delays Center program. If certain extenuating circumstances should be considered, please apply and include the details with your application.
- Meeting level cancellations cannot be included in the Closings and Delays Center program.
If your organization doesn’t fall under any of the categories above—please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support documentation: The support documentation needs to be issued by a government entity and be able to verify the number of people the organization employs or services (e.g. daycare operations license, building permit listing maximum occupancy, workers compensation statements that show the number of covered employees, etc.).
It is with great consideration that we decided to move the "general" category of businesses to be displayed on www.whio.com, k99online.com, and eagledayton.com only. This allows to include more businesses and organizations than it is possible with the WHIO-TV 7 on-air scroll and eliminates the wait for the on-air scroll to go through the names of the organizations in alphabetical order. When sending out your winter weather closings information to the parents, or employees, please consider directing them to the websites for a faster way to check on the closings and delays information.
We are looking forwards to working with you in the years to come to make sure our children and families remain safe when dangerous weather or other emergencies occur.