Pregnant Springfield woman shot in head dies; boyfriend appears in court

SPRINGFIELD — UPDATE @ 10:23 a.m. (April 9):

The boyfriend accused of fatally shooting his pregnant girlfriend entered a not guilty plea in court Monday.

Travis Hypes is charged with felonious assault.  His bond was set at $750,000.

It’s not clear yet whether Hypes will face additional charges following Lindsey Marsh’s death.

UPDATE @ 12:20 p.m. (April 8):

The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office confirmed today that an autopsy has been performed on the pregnant woman fatally shot in Springfield.

Lindsey E. Marsh, 23, delivered a child by C-Section at Miami Valley Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. She was 30 weeks pregnant.

Marsh’s boyfriend, 25-year-old Travis Hypes, is jailed on $750,000 bond in the Clark County Jail. He is charged with felonious assault and is due Monday in Clark County Municipal Court. It’s not clear whether he will face additional charges in Marsh’s death.

UPDATE @ 4:18 p.m. (April 6):

The pregnant woman who allegedly was shot in the head by her boyfriend during an argument last night has died, said Valerie Lough, spokesperson for the city of Springfield.

Lindsey Marsh was pronounced dead at the hospital, Lough said.

The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office said they had not yet been notified of Marsh’s death and had no information on a case involving her.


A pregnant woman was shot in the head and flown to a Dayton hospital, where doctors saved the baby she’d been carrying for more than 30 weeks, according to court documents.

Lindsey E. Marsh was struck once in the side of her head and was in critical condition after being shot in a home in the first block of East McCreight Avenue Thursday night, documents showed.

Miami Valley Hospital staff performed a “C” section to deliver the baby and at last check the child was OK, records showed.

Travis Hypes, 25, was arrested for felonious assault and is accused of shooting Marsh, according to court records.

According to records, Hypes told police he was the victim’s boyfriend and admitted to shooting her during an altercation between the two.

“He would tell us he and (the victim) were arguing and this led to the two of them shoving each other,” a probable cause affidavit filed in Clark County Municipal Court read.  “During the shoving Travis said he reached into his right pocket and pulled out a pistol.  She shoved him again after seeing the gun, so he shoved her back with both hands.  His right hand had the gun in it and as he shoved her ... it discharged.”

Hypes ran to his uncle’s home on East Cecil Street and told him what happened.  The uncle told Hypes to tell police about the incident and called dispatchers.

Comments on this article