Several area roadways remain closed Monday after record rainfall over the weekend.
As of 11 a.m. Monday, the following roads are closed due to high water:
- In Huber Heights, Rip Rap Road remains closed in both directions
- In West Carrollton, Central Avenue reopened around 9 a.m. Monday.
- In Greene County, Hilltop Road between Trebein and Fairground roads is closed
- In Bellbrook, Stewart Road between Mead and Washington Mill roads is closed
- In Greene County, Lower Bellbrook Road between State Route 725 and the Little Miami River is closed
- In Franklin, Oxford Road is closed
- In Wayne Twp. Warren County, Corwin Avenue is closed in the 200 block
- In Wayne Twp. Warren County, Middletown Road is closed at the covered bridge
- In Shelby County, Peters Road between Logan-Shelby Road and County Road 23 is closed.
A Flood Warning is in effect through this evening for areas along the Great Miami River at Miamisburg. Water will continue to rise to near 16.8 feet by this afternoon.
The river won’t fall below flood stage until after midnight. tonight. At stages near 16 feet, lowland flooding occurs from south of Miamisburg to Franklin, Carlisle, Trenton and New Miami.
Water begins to spill onto low-lying roadways, mainly along portions of Dayton-Oxford Road.
Roads aren’t the only thing underwater.
In Dayton, Island Metro Park looks more like a lake than a park.