Clark Co. homeowner trying to kill weeds sets garage ablaze, fire officials say

Springfield Twp. — UPDATE @ 6:00 a.m: A homeowner attempting to kill weeds surrounding his garage with a torch, caused the entire garage to go up in flames, officials say.

OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Deputies pursue vehicle in Clark Co.

Springfield Twp. fire crews were dispatched to the 2000 block of Scioto Street around 4 a.m. on reports of a fully involved detached garage fire, per initial reports.

The fire did not expose to the house and no injuries were reported.

Damage estimates are expected to be around 10 to 15 thousand dollars, as the structure, which had tools and appliances inside, was a total loss.

Fire officials are ruling the fire as accidental.


Crews responded to the 2000 block of Scioto Street in Clark County on a reported detached garage fire early Thursday morning.

Initial reports indicate the fire was fully involved with possible exposure around 4 a.m.

We’re on scene and will update this story with additional details.

Comments on this article