INITIAL REPORT (May 27); UPDATE @ 10:45 p.m. (June 3): Sheriff's offices as well as police and fire departments throughout the region are advising drivers to avoid streets because of the damage from the Memorial Day tornadoes as well as the repairs and cleanup:
- The city of Beavercreek has lifted the evacuation order for residents living on the following streets: Gardenview Drive, Shady Crest Drive, Longwood Drive, Vayview Drive, Wendover Drive, Rosehill Drive, Rushton Drive, Murwood Court, Blythe Court and Penrose Court. Residents may re-enter these areas at their own risk and are encouraged to enter only if absolutely necessary.
- Trotwood officials are anticipating multiple road closures throughout the city over the next several weeks, city Operations Supervisor Johnny McCluskey said in a statement released June 3. Every attempt will be made to maintain local traffic, with minimum disruption to regular traffic patterns. Residents are asked to be patient and adhere to all detour signs, he said.
- In Clayton, Hoke Road from Caterpillar south to Westbrook and from Hoke to Crestway will continue to be closed periodically for continued repair. The road will be open in the evening. Westbrook from Union to Hoke can see periodic delays into the foreseeable future as repairs continue. Meantime, Union Road in Trotwood is closed from Westbrook.
- Butler Twp. Police and Fire departments are asking everyone who does not live or need to be in the following areas to say off the following streets while emergency crews, along with DP&L, continue to assess the damage: Autumn Ridge, Brantfore Pike, Coppersmith, Creekview, Cricket Lane, North Dixie, Dog Leg Road, Fernside, Haverstraw, Historic Court, Little York Road, Meeker Road, Norita Court, Quaker Trace Court, Silver Rock, Society Court, Spanish Villa, Sunny Ridge North and South, Towne Center, Walnut Ridge, Whitewater Court, Yorkshire
- Sheriff Rob Streck is requesting all persons stay off the roads in and around the northern portion of the county, as well as other affected areas, until further notice. Crews are working to ensure the safety of all in the affected areas. Many roads are impassable because of the damage, he said.
- In Vandalia, North Dixie is closed in both directions from Benchwood to Stop 8 Road; Benchwood Road from Dixie to Miller Lane; Miller between Benchwood and Stop 8; Poe Avenue between Connector and Christian; Stop 8 between Webster and Christian
- The Celina Police Department is asking people to please avoid coming into the city until further notice because of live wires.
- State Route 197 between Hayes Road and U.S. 33
- West Milton police are asking for all non-emergency traffic to stay away from West Milton, Laura and Ludlow Falls until further notice.
- State Route 48 between West Milton and state Route 55 (ODOT is asking drivers to avoid this area)
- State Route 571 between state Route 48 and state Route 55 (ODOT is asking drivers to avoid this area)
- State Route 721 between state Route 571 and state Route 49 (ODOT is asking drivers to avoid this area)