Car fire ignites at Enon home where woman found dead last year

Published: Sunday, November 13, 2016 @ 10:18 PM

A car burned in the driveway of a house where a woman was found dead last year in Clark County.

UPDATE @ 11:23 a.m. (Nov. 14)

The autopsy of Spring Boyd, whom was found dead inside a home last year where a car fire occurred this weekend, reveals the cause of death was the result of “ethanol intoxication,” or alcohol intoxication, according to the coroner’s report.

At the initial investigation, detectives from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office said Boyd’s death appeared to be “not natural,” and were treating the case as a homicide investigation as they do all death investigations, said Major Russell Garman.

Content Continues Below

Blunt force trauma to the head was listed as a contribution to the death, Garman said, which may have been from Boyd falling down the basement stairs.

The death investigation case still remains open at this time, he said.

Boyd’s husband was interviewed in the investigation, but no charges have been filed.

Download our free mobile apps for breaking news and weather

FIRST REPORT

A car fire broke out Sunday in front of the same home in Mad River Twp. where a woman was found dead inside almost one year ago.

The car fire was reported around 7:30 p.m. Sunday in the 6900 block of Tall Timber Trails near Enon in Clark County.

That is the same house where former Dayton firefighter Steve Boyd reported to authorities on Nov. 19, 2015, that he found his wife, 39-year-old Spring Boyd, dead inside.

RELATED: Officials waiting on autopsy results in woman’s death

Her death was not considered natural at the time and required further investigation by the Clark County Sheriff’s Office and Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation. It’s not clear what the final determination was in the cause and manner of her death.

The car fire tonight, however, appears unrelated.

A Clark County deputy was on scene, but only to assist the Mad River Twp. and Bethel Twp. fire crews, said Sgt. Dave Trimble.

Fire personnel told deputies the fire was not suspicious and that the fire marshal was not contacted. Fire personnel said the fire appeared to be an electrical issue that ignited a gasoline line, the sergeant said.