breaking news

severe weather

Computer modem causes fire in bedroom in Springfield

Published: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 @ 6:09 AM
Updated: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 @ 7:12 AM

Fire reported on North Limestone Street in Springfield

UPDATE @ 7:12 a.m.:

A computer modem in an upstairs bedroom of a Springfield home caught fire Wednesday morning.

MORE LOCAL NEWS:  WATCH: Domino’s Pizza robber in camo jumps counter

Content Continues Below

The Springfield Fire Department quickly extinguished the fire in the 1500 block of North Limestone Street around 6 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire that was contained to the bedroom, according to firefighters at the scene.

North Limestone Street was blocked while crews worked to extinguish the flames.