McDonald’s sign catches fire in Troy 

Published: Thursday, January 03, 2019 @ 12:04 AM

Troy fire crews look at a sign on the side of McDonald’s on W. Main St. after an electrical short caused a fire. 
Steve Baker
Troy fire crews look at a sign on the side of McDonald’s on W. Main St. after an electrical short caused a fire. (Steve Baker)

The McDonald’s restaurant on 1560 W. Main Street closed shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday after a sign on the building caught fire. 

An electrical short was determined as the cause, officials said.

NORTHERN BUREAU: 1 killed after rear-end crash in Shelby County

Content Continues Below

No injuries were reported.

The restaurant, normally open 24 hours, will remain closed overnight.