Local

Man facing charges in connection to shots fired incident in Dayton

DAYTON — A man is facing charges in connection to a shots fired incident over the weekend in Dayton.

>>PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Police investigate reports of shooting on westside of Dayton

Torren Selmon, 21, was charged with two counts of having a weapon while under a disability, improper handling of a firearm while in a motor vehicle, and carrying concealed weapons, according to Dayton Municipal Court records.

As News Center 7 previously reported, Dayton police and medics were dispatched Sunday afternoon at around 2 p.m. to the 100 block of Cambridge Avenue on reports of a shooting.

When they got to the scene, police spoke to a man who said he was involved in a shooting with an unknown man who arrived in a white car.

“He said the male pointed a handgun at him and he [responded] by firing shots at the suspect,” an affidavit and statement of facts stated.

The suspect ran from the scene and no one was injured.

While searching the area the suspect ran off to, police located Selmon. Court documents state he matched the description of the suspect.

Selmon was in possession of a loaded semi-automatic handgun. Previous convictions made him unable to possess a firearm, according to court records.

Selmon was arrested and remains in Montgomery County Jail, online jail records indicated.

His next court appearance is scheduled for June 5.

0
Comments on this article
0