(UPDATED @ 9:30 p.m. June 7): Mail services have been temporarily reduced in some areas of Dayton after severe storms and tornadoes hit the Miami Valley.
Here are some options to continue service until normal conditions are restored:
- Hold Mail: Make this request if you plan on occupying your home within 30 days. Carriers have been placing mail on hold for homes they cannot access because of hazardous conditions. You can visit your post office to pick up mail and update the request.
- Change of Address: If you will not occupy the home within 30 days, submit a Change of Address (COA) request with the Postal Service and mark "Temporary" on the card. The COA is designed for customers who plan on returning to their residence within six months.
- Permanent COA: If you do NOT plan to return to your current address, submit a permanent COA request, available from a letter carrier or your local Post Office. COA requests also may be filed at usps.com, the Postal Service's website available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Letter carriers are told to not deliver to mailboxes and areas that are too dangerous to access, according to the U.S. Postal Service.
Delivery has been temporarily suspended in areas where roads are impassable or unsafe because of closures and storm debris.
Here’s where and when customers in the following ZIP codes can pick up their mail:
- 45403,45404: 1411 Farr Drive, Dayton; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 45414, 45415: 5150 Payne Ave., Dayton; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon.
- 45430,45431,45432: 3514 Dayton Xenia Road, Dayton; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 45405,45406: 557 Salem Ave., Dayton; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 45426: 35 Beardsley Road, Dayton; Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon.
- 45309: 22 Mulberry St., Brookville; Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to noon.
To pick up mail, you must have your delivery address and a valid photo ID.
Questions? Call 800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777) or 877-TTY-2HLP (877-889-2457).