Investigators on Friday from the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office, Urbana Police Department and the Ohio Investigative Unit conducted Alcohol Sales Compliance checks.
During the checks, eight alcohol retailers were check. Of the eight, two were not in compliance with Ohio law regarding alcohol sales to underage persons.
Employees from the two retailers not in compliance were charged with one count of Underage Persons Offenses Concerning, a first degree misdemeanor: Sycamore Market, 50 N. Sycamore St. in North Lewisburg and Marathon Gas, 230 S. Main St. in Urbana.
The alcohol retailers that were also checked and in compliance include:
- Winners 1 Stop, 147 W. Sandusky St. in Mechanicsburg
- 559 Cafe/Spain Creek Tavern, 35 N. Sycamore St. in North Lewisburg
- BJ's Drive Thru, 1021 N. Main St. in Urbana
- Speedway, 731 N. Main St. in Urbana
- Urbana Valero, 1273 S. U.S. Highway 68 in Urbana
- Bracken's Pub, 106 Miami St. in Urbana