COLUMBUS — Registration for the Vax-2-School program is now open for people ages 5 to 25 and drawings for the $100,000 grand prizes will begin on Nov. 29 and continue until Dec. 3, the Ohio Department of Health announced Wednesday.
Prior to the grand prizes being announced, the state will hold two drawing dates for the $10,000 scholarships on Nov. 22 and Nov. 29.
The initial deadline to register to be eligible for all drawings is Nov. 21.
Ohioans, ages 5 to 25, who have received at least one dose of a vaccine are eligible for the program.
Registrations can be done on ohiovax2school.com.
The Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Lottery announced they will double the amount of prize money being used to fund the scholarships for the Ohio Vax-2-School vaccine incentive lottery, brining the total prize amounts to a combined $2 million
The Ohio Vax-2-School program was announced by the Governor earlier this month.
WHAT WE KNOW:
- The Ohio Department of Health announced that the state will now double the amount of money being used for prizes in the Vax-2-School program from $1 million to $2 million. That will create an additional 100 scholarship opportunities for those who enter the lottery.
- Five people will win $100,000 in scholarships
- 150 people will win $10,000 in scholarships
- The scholarships, awarded in Ohio 529 College Advantage plans, can be used at the Ohio college, university, technical/trade school, or career program of the winner’s choice, ODH said.
- Children 17 and under must be registered by an adult.
- Vax-A-Million registrations from earlier this year will not carry over and you will need to register for Vax-2-School.
©2021 Cox Media Group