log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Thursday, August 22, 2019 @ 10:20 AM
Updated: Thursday, August 22, 2019 @ 11:32 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
SPRINGBORO — UPDATE @ 11:30 a.m.:
Firefighters believe a Springboro restaurant will be forced to close for a couple of days after a fire broke out in the kitchen Thursday morning.
Crews were dispatched to the Bob Evans restaurant at 40 Sharts Drive around 10 a.m. after a fire was reported behind a grill in the kitchen.
The fire had spread into the walls of the building, but no smoke or flames were visible from the outside of the structure.
All occupants inside the restaurant were able to evacuate before firefighters arrived on scene.
While firefighters didn’t have official word from the restaurant, investigators believe repairs will likely close the restaurant for a few days.
No injuries were reported.
Additional details were not available.
Reports of a fire inside the Springboro Bob Evans Thursday morning has forced the evacuation of the restaurant.
Firefighters were dispatched the restaurant at 40 Sharts Drive around 10 a.m. after a fire was reported in the restaurant.
According to our crew on the scene, no smoke or flames are visible but firefighters are working in an area in the back of the restaurant.
An employee told News Center 7 that they saw flames behind a grill.
No injuries have been initially reported.