It’s that time of the year when motorists around the Miami Valley will begin seeing thousands of orange barrels along the roads.
The Ohio Department of Transportation has released a list of their major construction projects for 2023. We have provided some of the important projects that will likely impact your travel.
>> MAPS: 2023 ODOT Construction Projects
- South Yellow Springs St. reconstruction (May)
- I-70 resurfacing from State Route 41 to Madison Co. line (May)
- US 35 interchange at Valley and Trebein roads (In progress)
- Roadwork on SR 72 near Cedarville (In progress)
- Northbound is expected to shut down in early April.
- I-75 rebuild between SR 741 and Dixie Drive
- I-75 rebuild between SR 4 and Needmore Road
- I-75 reconstruction near Dryden Road (Ramp to NB I-75 closed starting April 9th, ending July 2025)
- Reconfiguring US 35/Woodman Drive interchange into a tight urban diamond
- Bridge deck replacement/structural repairs on SR 4 over Webster and Keowee streets in Dayton. (In progress)
- Salem Avenue reconstruction between Cornell and Manhattan drives in Dayton
- Union Blvd. Resurfacing between US 40 and Gateway Drive in Englewood
- Wilmington Pike resurfacing between Beaverton Drive and Stroop Road in Kettering
- Free Pike resurfacing between SR 49 (Trotwood Connector) to Wolf Creek Pike
- SR 4 resurfacing between SR 725 and Butler Co. Line in the Germantown area
- Spinning Road resurfacing between Linden and Eastman avenues in Riverside
- SR 741 resurfacing between SR 725 and Kingsridge Dr in Miami Township
- West Main Street improvements from West of Ridge Avenue to I-75 NB ramps in Troy
- I-75 resurfacing from County Road 25A interchange in Piqua to just south of Piqua rest areas
- Troy-Urbana Road resurfacing between DeWeese Road and the Champaign County line
- East Main Street resurfacing between Mulberry Street and SR 202 in Troy
- SR 55 resurfacing between Lincoln Avenue and E. Franklin Street in Troy
If you wound like more information about ODOT projects around the state, check out the “Projects” page here.
© 2023 Cox Media Group