UPDATE: Kitchen appliance catches fire, causes damage inside Beavercreek home

UPDATE: Kitchen appliance catches fire, causes damage inside Beavercreek home
Dylan Dombroski/Staff

BEAVERCREEK — UPDATE @ 11:30 a.m.:

An appliance that caught fire spread to parts of a Beavercreek home including the attic of the structure, according to firefighters.

>>Impact on communities still palpable one year after Memorial Day Tornadoes

Content Continues Below

Crews were dispatched to the 2800 block of Lantz Road around 10:30 a.m. and reported smoke coming from the roof and fire in the attic.

While the fire appears to have started in the kitchen, firefighters said the blaze is still under investigation.

No injuries were reported.


FIRST REPORT

Firefighters have reported smoke and flames are coming from a house on Lantz Road in Beavercreek Thursday morning, according to initial reports.

Crews were dispatched to the 2800 block of Lantz Road around 10:30 a.m. after the fire was reported.

Initial reports indicate the fire started in the kitchen of the home and spread into the attic.

There have been no initial reports of injuries.

We have a crew on the way and we’ll update this story as we learn more.