DAYTON — The End of Watch radio transmission for Det. Jorge Del Rio was broadcast at the conclusion of his funeral outside of the University of Dayton Arena.
- "Dayton car 1 on your written authority we will show crew 916 out of service, end of watch."
- "Dispatch to all crews Detective Jorge Del Rio badge 262 will be shown out of service after 30 honorable years with the Dayton Police Department, for the last 18 years serving as the United States Drug Enforcement Agency Task Force officer."
- "Detective Del Rio was mortally wounded on Nov. 4, 2019 and succumbed to his injuries on Nov. 7, 2019."
- "We observe this end of watch with a moment of silence at this time."
- "Detective Del Rio we thank you for your example of professionalism in your personal and work life. Your integrity being beyond reproach, by you respecting your family, your friends, your fellow law enforcement professionals and even those who meant to do harm to others. And, your examples of being fair in all your interactions with loved ones and with leading justice. The citizens of Dayton and of Ohio and of the United States are safer because of you."
- "Although you are gone, you will never be forgotten. Your badge number will be permanently assigned to you, because there will be no one that can fill your shoes. Rest in peace our friend. We'll take it from here."