MIAMI VALLEY — The state hit eight consecutive days below 2,500 active hospitalizations today, which would exceed a threshold Gov. Mike DeWine had previously set to remove the statewide curfew.
DeWine said he doesn’t expect to revisit the curfew until Thursday this week, however he is scheduled to hold a press conference at 2 p.m.
The statewide curfew was first scaled back in late January, when the Governor moved the curfew back one hour to 11 p.m. after the state had seven consecutive days of under 3,500 hospitalizations across the state.
On Tuesday afternoon, Ohio had 1,974 hospitalizations, which is the lowest its been since early November. That means that one in nine people who are hospitalized across the state have tested positive for COVID-19.
The drop in hospitalizations in the Miami Valley region is much more drastic with 153 hospitalizations reported across the region Tuesday. One in 14 patients in hospitals in the Miami Valley region currently have the virus.
Previously the Ohio Department of Health said if hospital utilization drops below 3,000 for seven consecutive days, Ohio’s curfew would be amended to 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. for at least two weeks. If hospitalizations drops below 2,500 for seven consecutive days, the Ohio Department of Health would recommend lifting the curfew.
The state has said if hospitalizations were to rise again the curfew would be reconsidered.