Police ID convicted felon in Huber Heights standoff

UPDATE @ 5:20 a.m.:

Bruce Elliott Cameron, 47, was booked into Montgomery County Jail Saturday morning after a standoff with police in Huber Heights.

Cameron has not yet been formally charged.

UPDATE @ 12:50 a.m.:

The 47-year-old man who was involved in a standoff with police in Huber Heights Saturday is a convicted felon and reportedly shot at another female in Dayton in 2016, Huber Heights Police Lt. Matt Dulaney said.

Police searched the home where the incident occurred in the 6700 block of Highbury Road.

>>Have you seen this endangered missing man from Columbus area?

A woman called police around 8:20 p.m. and told them that her live-in boyfriend made threats to her, displayed a handgun, and would not allow her to leave for nearly two hours. She made the phone call after she was able to leave the home, Dulaney said.

“She also stated that he made comments that he would shoot police officers who responded to the house,” Dulaney said.

Police said the victim told them the man had a shotgun or rifle inside the home.

A sergeant spoke on the phone with the man for several minutes but he would not come outside, Dulaney said.

A police tactical response team was called to the scene and negotiators were on the phone with the man for over an hour but he hung up on them, Dulaney said.

>>Police: Pizza delivery driver robbed in Dayton

During the incident, a police rescue vehicle was moved up to the house and a public address system and siren was used.

Negotiators made contact with him again and the man decided to come out of the home without incident.

A perimeter was set up around the area and people were told to stay inside their homes, according to Dulaney.

The man was taken to Montgomery County Jail and faces possible domestic violence, weapons under disability, and kidnapping charges that Huber Heights detectives will present to the prosecutor's office for consideration, Dulaney said.

The Regional Emergency Response Team comprised of Huber Heights, Fairborn, Beavercreek and Vandalia police responded to the incident.

UPDATE @ 12:40 a.m.:

The standoff that started Saturday night in the 6700 block of Highbury Road in Huber Heights has ended.

An officer on scene said the man who was barricaded inside a home, was taken into custody without incident.

No shots were fired and SWAT is leaving the scene.


There is heavy police presence tonight outside a home where a person is barricaded inside.

Police were called around 8:20 p.m. for a domestic call at the home in the 6700 block of Highbury Road, Huber Heights police dispatch confirmed.

>> Bassoon mistaken for weapon in Springfield

According to initial reports, a woman said a man threatened her with a gun, and the same man reportedly also threatened police and refused to come out of the house.

Residents in the neighborhood, which is between Harshmanville Road and Brandt Pike just south of Taylorsville Road, were told to stay indoors.

We have a crew on scene and will update this report.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com.