Similar to OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace, Poshmark allows users to shop or sell. Specifically, you'll be able to browse or create listings for men's, women's and kids' clothing and accessories as well as household items.
Once you choose how you'd like to sign in, you can enter information including your email address, username, gender and country. Then, you can enter some of your sizes and provide your ZIP code to complete your profile.
Before you create a listing, make sure that the item you want to sell is clean and ready for pictures. Choose a well-lighted place so that your photo will catch a potential customer's eye.
The listing price you choose will largely depend on the item's condition and original price. If you aren't sure how much to charge, you can search for similar items to see how much other people are charging.
When you enter your list price, you'll see how much you'll earn if you sell at that price. While it's free to list items on Poshmark, they do charge a sales fee. For sales under $15, Poshmark takes a flat $2.95 fee. For sales over $15, Poshmark takes 20% of the listing price.
Once you've made a sale, you'll get a confirmation email with a free shipping label attached.
Poshmark recommends that you use a free USPS priority mailing box or a regular brown box. Make sure to pack your item with care, especially if it's fragile. Once you've packed it up, drop it off in a USPS mailbox or directly at the post office.
For more information on how to ship your item once it's sold, visit Poshmark's website.
As long as there are no returns or other issues on the buyer's end with the item, the company will release your earnings to your Poshmark account within three days of delivery.
- You can keep the earnings as credits and spend it within the app.
- Set up direct deposit to transfer the earnings to your bank.
- Have a check sent to you.
According to the website, direct deposit typically takes 2-3 business days. If you ask for a check, it should get to you within 10 business days.
For more information on redeeming your earnings, check out Poshmark's website.
- Sell items that are in good condition. Most of the items you'll see on Poshmark are in good condition. People who are using the app are typically looking for quality, fashionable items that are often brand-name or from a well-known store. Listing items like this is a great way to maximize your earnings.
- Make sure the pictures look good. Since potential buyers won't be able to see the items in person before purchasing, it's important to include an accurate, quality photo. Take the time to make sure the lighting is good, the display space is clutter-free and that the item you're selling is clean.
- Include an accurate description. Be sure to include the color of the item, the material it's made of, what brand it is, the size, and anything else you can think to include. You never know what people will be searching for! Plus, an accurate description will help you avoid any unsatisfied customers or potential returns.
- Price your items competitively. Even if you have an idea of what price you want to ask for your item, take the time to search on the app and see what your competition looks like. Seeing the other prices for similar items is a great way to make sure the price you're offering is fair and competitive.
- Share your listings and be active on the app. The more exposure that people have to your listings, the more likely you are to sell. Post your listings to your social media pages to get more eyes on the item. Also, since the Poshmark app works so similarly to social media, be active there as well! Follow, like and comment on other posts to gain followers yourself.
If you want to delete your Poshmark account, visit the account tab in the app. From there, select "Poshmark Support Center," click "Manage Account Status," and then click "Delete My Account."
To delete your account on the web, you can click here to submit a request.
Once you've made your sale, remember that Poshmark will charge a sales fee. For sales under $15, that fee is $2.95. For sales $15 and over, the fee increases to 20% of the total listing price. Still, Poshmark does cover the shipping charges.
For more information on Poshmark, be sure to visit the company's website and FAQ page.
Where do you sell your stuff to make the most money? Let us know in the comments below!