Harvey Weinstein charged with the rapes of two more women

Harvey Weinstein charged with the rapes of two more women
Harvey Weinstein enters a Manhattan court house as a jury continues with deliberations in his trial on February 24, 2020 in New York City. On Friday the judge asked the jury to keep deliberating after they announced that they are deadlocked on the charges of predatory sexual assault. Weinstein, a movie producer whose alleged sexual misconduct helped spark the #MeToo movement, pleaded not-guilty on five counts of rape and sexual assault against two unnamed women and faces a possible life sentence in prison. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images) (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Harvey Weinstein was sentenced in March to 23 years in prison.

A judge ordered the media mogul to serve 20 years for charges of first-degree criminal sexual acts and three years for third-degree rape. He’s currently serving time at Wende Correctional Facility in New York.

Weinstein, 68, was convicted earlier this year of rape and sexual assault against two women but has been accused of sexual assault by dozens of women and has faced numerous lawsuits.

Content Continues Below

On Friday, Los Angeles County prosecutors said he was charged with the rape of two more women. He faces three new counts of rape and three new counts of forcible oral copulation involving the women, The Associated Press reported.

As of Saturday, he faces 11 sexual assault counts involving five women in California.

“Harvey Weinstein has always maintained that every one of his physical encounters throughout his entire life have been consensual," Weinstein’s spokesperson, Juda Engelmayer, said in a statement. "That hasn’t changed. At this moment we cannot comment on the additional charges until we learn more about them.”

In the state of California, the Hollywood producer was first charged with rape in January, just as his trial was beginning in New York. More counts were added in April.

He now stands charged with four counts of rape, four counts of forcible oral copulation, two counts of sexual battery by restraint and one count of sexual penetration by use of force. The counts involve five women and stem from events in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills from 2004 to 2013.

The combined charges could bring a maximum of 140 years in prison if he is convicted, according to the AP.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.