Woman sentenced to nearly 1 year for running over man in Xenia; Wife reflects on husband’s recovery

XENIA — The woman who was caught on surveillance camera running over a man at The Moose Lodge in Xenia in 2019 has been sentenced to prison.

>>RELATED: Xenia man run over by truck, seriously injured; driver arrested

Pamela Mickle was sentenced Wednesday to four to six years in prison after agreeing to a plea deal, according to court records.

Mickle will also lose her driver’s license for one year.

On Oct. 24, 2019, Mickle hit and ran over 35-year-old Matthew Moore in the parking lot at The Moose Lodge on Cincinnati Avenue.

She drove home where police arrested her after giving her a breathalyzer test.

Matthew was seriously injured but survived, and has since recovered.

News Center 7′s Gabrielle Enright met with Matthew and his wife, Missy Moore shortly after the incident.

Matthew was recovering from multiple surgeries due to his injuries that included two skull fractures, brain bleeds and damage to one of his eyes.

“[We are] relieved that this part is over with,” said Missy.

>>Deputy released from hospital; 1 arrested after pursuit, crash

Miss and Matthew were in the courtroom for Mickle’s sentencing.

“The judge gave her a chance to make a statement, “I’m sorry,” anything. And [she had] absolutely zero remorse. She didn’t even say a word. [She] didn’t look at us, nothing,” Missy said.

Mickel’s attorney, Jay Adams told Gabrielle Enright that Mickle was quiet because she was advised to be due to potential civil litigation.

Adams said Mickel had no previous history with the court and respects the agreement made and the court decision.

Most of Matthew’s physical injuries have healed, said Melissa, but he still struggles with what happened.

>>VIDEO: Man hit by vehicle at Moose Lodge

“His outside has healed tremendously. There’s still a little eye droopiness and a little face change,” she said “All his injuries are internal. Especially when it comes to emotional, PTSD type thing.”

Melissa said Matthew returned to work just five months after he was run over.

The couple just celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary.

Melissa said each day, she is grateful he was strong enough to survive.