log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 @ 10:04 AM
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 @ 10:06 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
PREBLE COUNTY — The Ohio Attorney General’s Office said they’ve received two additional calls from people who may be additional victims of former trooper Christopher Ward, a spokesman said Tuesday.
Christopher Ward, 44, was indicted a two weeks ago on two counts of felony gross sexual imposition and one count of misdemeanor sexual imposition.
According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, Ward was terminated for violating the Ohio State Highway Patrol’s rules and regulations.
The Ohio Attorney General’s Office previously said there may be additional victims in the case. This weekend the attorney general’s office received a call from potential victim, and another person contacted the office Tuesday. These developments makes three possible additional victims to come forward since Ward’s indictment.
The charges stem from two incidents, one in January 2015 and another while he was off duty involving a child last March, investigators said.
Ward’s attorney, Steve Hobbs, told News Center 7 Ward filed a grievance with the patrol after he was fired Wednesday.
Anyone with any additional information is asked to contact the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation at 1-855-224-6446.