— A few slide-offs and spin-outs have been reported throughout the Miami Valley due to slick roads early Wednesday morning.
LIVE TRAFFIC UPDATES: Listen to AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO
- In Fairborn, on southbound I-675 and Ohio 444, a vehicle slid into the median around 7:55 a.m
- In Washington Twp., on northbound I-675 and Ohio 725, a vehicle rollover occurred at 7:15 a.m. As of 7:50 a.m., the left lane is closed and traffic is moving slowly in the right lane. Traffic is backed up for miles.
- In Dayton, on eastbound U.S. 35 and South Gettysburg Avenue, a vehicle reportedly struck a pole around 7 a.m.
- In Harrison Twp., on Needmore Road over northbound I-75, a crash with reports of injuries occurred at 6:45 a.m.
- In West Carrollton, on Infirmary Road and Farmersville West Carollton Road, a vehicle slid into the ditch around 6:40 a.m.
- In Clay Twp., Diamond Mill Road and Sweet Potato Ridge Road, the road was blocked while crews removed a vehicle from the ditch at 6:35 a.m. It has since reopened.
- In Clark County, in the 6100 block of Urbana Road, a vehicle slid off the roadway and another struck a pole around 5:50 a.m.
I-675 at 235 Slide Off
- In Piqua, on I-75 north at the 81 mile marker, a van slid off the highway and rolled over. One person was taken to the hospital, the Ohio Highway Patrol said.
- In Dayton, on westbound U.S. 35 and Steve Whalen Boulevard, and westbound U.S. 35 and Abbey Ave. two, possibly three crashes were reported within 10 minutes of each other around 3:50 a.m. By 4:30 a.m. the scenes were cleared with no injuries reported.
Slide off on SB I-75 near Austin Landing
- In Harrison Twp., a vehicle struck a pole on Frederick Pike and Beejay Court around 3:25 a.m. The road was blocked while crews cleared the scene. Frederick Pike has since reopened, and deputies said there were no injuries.
- In Bath Twp., a vehicle slide-off was reported on Ohio 4 and Bath Road around 2:50 a.m. Approximately 20 minutes before that, another vehicle spun-out on westbound Ohio 444 near Springfield Street.
- In Miami Twp., a vehicle went into a ditch after sliding off Interstate 75, just north of Austin Boulevard just before 1 a.m., authorities said.
RELATED: ODOT warning drivers after at least 3 plows hit during winter storm
According to Storm Center 7 Meteorologists, the entire Miami Valley is under a Winter Weather Advisory until 9 a.m. due to freezing drizzle with possible ice accumulation. The light glaze is causing slick spots on various surfaces including roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots.
There are also areas of patchy fog, that can cause reduced visibility for drivers.
ODOT crews are working to help the road conditions by treating major highways.