— Multiple reports of crashes and slide-offs continue to impact roads after as much as six inches of snow fell overnight into Friday morning.
LIVE TRAFFIC UPDATES: Listen to AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO
On Interstate 75 north at National Road in Vandalia, several crashes were reported around 10 a.m., including a semi that jackknifed. Damage from the crashes continues to block the left lanes of both northbound and southbound I-75 at National Road.
State troopers also blocked all westbound lanes of Interstate 70 West between Ohio 72 and Ohio 41 due to a crash involving two semis and a van around 1 p.m.
At 2:30 p.m., only the right lane remained blocked.
A driver of this SUV was injured after a semi crashed into the back of them on I-70 west in Clark County Friday afternoon. (Bill Lackey/Staff)
>> Winter Weather Advisory issued for region
>> Stay informed about school, business closures
Here are some of the accidents to which police, fire and medic units were dispatched:
- At 2 p.m. on Needmore Road, between I-75 and Webster Street in Harrison Twp., crews were dispatched to a crash that possibly trapped one person in a vehicle.
- At 2 p.m. on I-75 south near Austin Boulevard in Miami Twp., a crash was reported. It wasn’t immediately known what lanes were blocked but backups were reported to I-675.
- At 1:40 p.m. on County Road 25A and Ohio 571 in Tipp City, two serious crashes, involving four vehicles was reported. Several crews have responded to the area.
- At 1 p.m. on I-70 west, west of Ohio 41 in Springfield Twp., Clark County, a crash reportedly involving two semis and a van was reported. All westbound lanes of the highway are blocked, but some traffic is able to get by on the left shoulder.
- At 11:30 a.m. on I-70 West, east of Ohio 72 in Clark County, a crash caused a semi to jackknife, according to dispatchers. No lanes are currently blocked.
- Two lanes have reopened on I-75 at Stanley Avenue after a crash involving a semi-trailer shut down all lanes just after 5 a.m. The left lane remains closed in each direction as of 10:15 a.m. and will continue to be blocked while crews make repairs to the median barrier. No one was injured in the crash.
- At 9:30 a.m. in both directions of I-75 between Troy and Sidney, state troopers have responded to several crashes along the entire stretch of I-75 in Miami and Shelby counties. Most crashes are in the median or on the shoulder, but some lane closures could be possible, dispatchers said.
- At 9:13 a.m. near Ohio 72 and Old Clifton Road in Greene County, a snow plow and van are reportedly involved in a head-on crash.
- At 8:15 a.m. on I-70 west near U.S. 68 a semi has jackknifed on the highway blocking the right lane.
Semi jackknifes on WB I-70 near US 68
- At 8 a.m., on Urbana Road, north of Moorefield Road in Clark County, a reported head-on crash. Crews responding.
- At 7:45, on northbound I-675 at I-75 in Beavercreek, a crash in the left lane is impacting traffic.
- At 7:40 a.m., on westbound I-70 near U.S. 40 in Harmony Twp., a crash involving a semi and another vehicle.
- At 7:30 a.m., on Dayton Xenia Road, east of North Fairfield Road in Beavercreek, a water main break has closed the road in both directions. The detour route is Meadow Bridge Drive to Beaver Vu Drive.
- At 5:10 a.m. in Harmony Twp., on westbound I-70 just before Urbana Street, a crash involving a car and a semi-truck occurred. Injuries reported.
- 3:30 a.m. in Dayton, on westbound U.S. 35 at the Wayne Avenue ramp, a vehicle reportedly hit a pole. Injuries reported.
- 3:30 a.m. Friday in Moraine, on northbound I-75 near the Dryden Road exit, a vehicle spun out and hit the wall on the interstate.
- 3:15 a.m. Friday in Bath Twp., on northbound I-675, north of Ohio 235, a vehicle spun out.
- 3 a.m. Friday in Xenia, in the 100 block of East Main Street, a single-vehicle slid off the roadway.
- 1:18 a.m. Friday in Harrison Twp., on Old Riverside Drive and Riverside Drive, crews responded to a crash.
- 1:10 a.m. Friday in Washington Twp., on southbound I-675 near Far Hills Avenue, a reported injury crash occurred.
- 12:05 a.m. Friday in Clayton, on Westbrook Road east of Taywood Road, a car went left of center and struck a plow and went into a ditch. No injuries were reported.
- 10:56 p.m. in Xenia, in the 1400 block of U.S. 68 South, a two-vehicle slide-off reported.
- 10:30 p.m. in Harrison Twp., in the 4300 block of Riverside Drive, a Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputy reported he was involved in an accident.
- 10:06 p.m. in Miami Twp., on I-75 South near I-675, a driver reportedly lost control and hit a guardrail.
This vehicle hit the guardrail on I-75 South, near I-675, in Miami Twp. on Thursday night. (Jim Noelker/Staff)
- 10:01 p.m. in Centerville, on I-75 North at Miamisburg Centerville Road, a single-vehicle accident was reported.
- 9:55 p.m. in Beavercreek, on I-675 North near U.S. 35, a two-vehicle accident was reported with one ended up in a wooded area off the interstate. No injuries were reported.
- 9:45 p.m. in Dayton, on I-75 North at Edwin C. Moses Boulevard, an accident was reported.
>> Live Doppler 7 Radar | Interactive
We will continue to update this developing report as the snow is expected to continue throughout the region into Friday morning, Storm Center 7 Chief Meteorologist McCall Vrydaghs said.
Have a weather-related traffic news tip? Call our 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org