Local

Police arrest 18-year-old in shooting death of Dunbar High School freshman

UPDATE @9:55 a.m. March 6: Jackeem Collins, 18, was been indicted on two counts of murder, eight counts of felonious assault and one count of discharge of a firearm on or near prohibited premises.

READ MORE HERE: 18-year-old indicted for murder of Dunbar H.S. freshman

UPDATE @ 11:44 p.m.: Police have made an arrest in the deadly shooting of a 15-year-old Dunbar High School freshman Qua'Lek Shelton  earlier this month, investigators announced Thursday morning.

PREVIOUS REPORT: Deputies located SUV used in shooting of Dunbar HS freshman on Catalpa Drive

The suspect, who was not formally identified, was taken into custody Wednesday, Dayton Lt. Jason Hall said in a news conference.

RELATED: Funeral services set for Dunbar HS freshman killed in Dayton shooting

The arrest was made in the investigation of the Feb. 16 shooting of two juveniles on Catalpa Drive.

RELATED: 1 of 2 teens shot suffers life-threatening injuries

Qua’Lek was one of the injured teenagers. He died three days after the shooting.

RELATED: Teenager, 15, shot in Dayton was a champion, All-American, coach says

While police did not formally announce the suspect’s identity, an 18-year-old was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on Wednesday on preliminary charges of murder and felonious assault, according to online jail records.

That 18-year-old, Jackeem Alexander Collins, remains in jail, records show.

Police said they are not currently looking at additional suspects in the investigation, Hall said.

This is a developing story and we’ll provide updates as we learn more.