log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Sunday, October 20, 2019 @ 6:07 AM
Updated: Sunday, October 20, 2019 @ 7:06 AM
By: Breaking News Staff
WAYNESVILLE — One person was injured in a fire at an apartment building in the 100 block of High Street in Waynesville when they jumped from a second-story window, according to Wayne Township Fire Department Lt. Tom Carter.
Carter said that fire crews responded to the fire at 5:48 a.m., and were able to swiftly contain the fire. He said the fire was under control within 30 minutes.
There were no injuries other than the person who jumped from the window, Carter said.
Fire crews that responded to the fire included some crews diverted from a nearby fire involving a gasoline tanker on U.S. 42.