UPDATE @ 12:30 p.m.:
The results from Friday night’s OVI checkpoints have been released by the Dayton Police Department.
- 152 vehicles went through the checkpoint at North Gettysburg Avenue and Kings Highway with five diverted, two suspensions, and two no driver's license. Saturation patrol made six stops and six warnings in the checkpoint area.
- 176 vehicles went through the checkpoint at Salem and West Hillcrest avenues with 14 diverted, two suspensions, and four no driver's license. Saturation patrols made four stops and and four warnings in the checkpoint area.
- 102 vehicles went through the checkpoint at North Main Street and West Hillcrest Avenue with 14 diverted, one tested for OVI, one refused an OVI test, one OVI arrest, three suspensions, four no driver's license, one other, and two misdemeanor arrests. Saturation patrol made two stops and two warnings in the checkpoint area.
Three OVI checkpoints will be conducted in parts of Dayton Friday night, according to the Combined Agency OVI Task Force of Montgomery County.
LOCAL WEATHER: Track the latest conditions with Live Doppler 7 Radar
The OVI task force will operate three checkpoints, which will be active from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.:
- North Gettysburg Avenue at Kings Highway
- Salem Avenue at Hillcrest Avenue
- North Main Street at Hillcrest Avenue
The locations and times of the checkpoints were released in advance in accordance with state law.
Checkpoints are conducted to reduce the number of alcohol- or drug-related traffic crashes and help deter impaired driving, officials said in a media release.