COLUMBUS — Gov. Mike DeWine announced Tuesday that Ohio National Guard members will be deployed to 13 testing locations across Ohio, including Dayton and Cincinnati.
“We are grateful that National Guard members are continuing to fill critical roles in our state’s response to this pandemic, especially as the strain on our health care providers continues,” said DeWine in a release.
The deployment of Guard members is in hopes of reducing the burden of some of the hardest-hit hospitals in the state.
Ohio is currently experiencing the highest number of COVID-19 hospitalizations, ICU admissions and patients on ventilators than any other time during the pandemic, according to the release.
More than 2,000 Guard members are currently working with Ohio’s healthcare system — with 200 offering medical support and about 2,100 offering general support.
The Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Hospital Association will continue to evaluate the situation in hospitals across Ohio to ensure that Guard members are assisting in locations that need it most, according to the release.
Currently, the Ohio National Guard has been deployed to support the following testing locations:
- Akron: Atrium Testing Site (Summa Health), 1077 Gorge Blvd., Akron.
- Canton: (Aultman/Cleveland Clinic Mercy), Stark County Fairgrounds, 305 Wertz Ave. NW, Canton
- Chillicothe: Adena Regional Medical Center, 272 Hospital Road, Chillicothe
- Cleveland: Walker Center (Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals), 10524 Euclid Ave., Cleveland.
- Columbus: (Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center), first floor of the CAS parking garage at 2540 Olentangy River Road, Columbus.
- Dayton: (Premier Health) Miami Valley Hospital, 1 Wyoming St., Dayton
- Mansfield: Avita Ontario Hospital, 715 Richland Mall, Mansfield
- Maumee: Lucas County Recreation Center, 2901 Key St., Maumee
- Zanesville: Genesis Hospital, 2951 Maple Ave., Zanesville
- Cincinnati: (Ethos Laboratories), Crossroads Church, 990 Reading Road, Mason
- Cincinnati: (Ethos Laboratories), Riverbend, 6201 Kellogg Ave.
- Cincinnati: University of Cincinnati, 321 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati.
According to the release Ohio National Guard members are not currently, but will also be deployed to Dayton Children’s Hospital, 1 Children’s Plaza, Dayton
©2022 Cox Media Group