Mulch outside UD housing catches fire near natural gas main

Published: Thursday, June 07, 2018 @ 12:35 AM



JAROD THRUSH / STAFF
(JAROD THRUSH / STAFF)

Fire crews were called late Wednesday night to a small mulch fire by a natural gas main.

The fire was outside an Irving Avenue house owned by the University of Dayton, but it was vacant.

>> Huber Heights fire causes more than $300,000 in damages to house, contents

Content Continues Below

Police ordered students walking along Irving Avenue to evacuate the area, and Vectren was called to check the gas main.

The fire was quickly extinguished and did not spread. It remains under investigation.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com