Local

Man shot by officer near Wright Brothers museum pleads guilty

DAYTON — A man shot by Dayton police officers last year has pleaded guilty.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WHIO-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

Jamar Johnson pleaded guilty to attempting to commit tampering with evidence, according to court documents.

As News Center 7 previously reported, on July 24, 2025, Dayton officers pulled up to an accident near W. Third Street and Broadway Street.

Officers said they saw Johnson, who they believe was driving one of the cars, run from the scene.

TRENDING STORIES:

Officers followed him from W. Third Street to Williams Street.

They confronted him, and at that time, the police said an officer saw a firearm in his hand.

A handgun was recovered from the scene.

The officers involved in the shooting were not charged.

In March, Johnson filed a civil lawsuit against the police department and the city.

Johnson claims he never pointed the gun at officers and suffered serious injuries, including paralysis.

This lawsuit is ongoing.

He is set to be sentenced on Sept. 16.

[SIGN UP: WHIO-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

0