MIAMI TWP. — UPDATE @ 9:50 p.m.
The Ohio Attorney General’s Office responded to the I-Team’s questions about an area fencing company with this statement.
No further action is necessary for those who have already filed complaints with our office. We asked for consumer harms to be addressed as part of the lawsuit. Consumers can still reach out to our office to file new complaints – depending on the parameters of their complaint, they may be eligible for potential consumer restitution. Consumers who paid via credit card, have the option to try to challenge their charge with their credit card company.
A Miami Twp. man says he’s concerned about how and when he will get his money back for a fence a Miami Valley fence contractor didn’t finish.
Jim Davis is one of 21 people who filed consumer complaints with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office against Rob Fraley and his company, Dixie Fence South.
Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced Wednesday that his office was suing Fraley and his business for swindling customers. So far, they’ve reported more than $111,000 in total losses. Davis said Fraley and Dixie Fence South have taken $11,000 from him.
>> RELATED: I-TEAM: Ohio AG sues local fencing company accused of scamming area homeowners
Yost’s lawsuit wants a court to order Fraley to give his customers refunds, but Davis said he doesn’t know if he’s part of the lawsuit.
“I would like to know if I’m on the list, if I’m included on that. Hopefully I am,” Davis told the I-Team’s John Bedell.
Davis also said he wanted to know if he is supposed to reach out to the Yost’s office and ask them what he’s supposed to next or if he’s supposed to sit back and wait.
The I-Team reached out to Yost’s office Thursday with Davis’ questions, but has not heard back.
In the lawsuit, Yost alleges that Fraley took deposits from customers for fences, but either did not build them or did shoddy or incomplete work.
Davis paid Fraley $10,000 up front. He said his biggest frustration is that he paid Fraley an extra $1,000 for a gate.
>> PREVIOUS COVERAGE: I-Team: Montgomery Co. prosecutor continues investigation into area fencing company accused of fraud
Davis said he reached out to Fraley about getting his money back, but claimed to have never heard from him. Now, he’s waiting to hear when he’ll get a refund.
“I think this man needs to be stopped, you know, and give the money back to his clients that he never finished the jobs,” Davis.
The I-Team spoke with Fraley’s lawyer, Jon Paul Rion, about the lawsuit Wednesday.
“The goal is to make sure everyone is made whole,” Rion said.
Davis said he talked to the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office about their open criminal investigation into Fraley and his fencing company. They’ve talked to at least 25 people.
©2023 Cox Media Group