Dayton superintendent: OHSAA ‘out to get’ district in Dunbar fight

Published: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 @ 6:55 PM

WATCH: Dunbar basketball brawl leads to OSHAA lawsuit

Dayton Public Schools and the Ohio High School Athletic Association’s legal fight about Dunbar High School’s basketball team ended Tuesday, but on Wednesday, both sides had things to say about the other.

RELATED: Judge puts Dunbar back in basketball playoffs

The OHSAA said extreme penalties are still possible for Dunbar, which had been removed from the boys basketball tournament. A local judge ruled Dunbar was improperly removed from the tourney and put the team back in on Tuesday.

Content Continues Below

RELATED: OHSAA calls handling of Dunbar issue “puzzling”

Acting Dayton Superintendent Elizabeth Lolli ripped OHSAA for being “out to get” DPS.

EARLIER: Step-by-step look at Dunbar case, from Jan. 10 to lawsuit

OHSAA spokesman Tim Stried said penalties up to cancellation of OHSAA membership are still possible for Dunbar because of how DPS leadership handled the aftermath of a Jan. 10 melee at a junior varsity basketball game.

Lolli responded sharply, saying, “Dayton Public Schools is not going to roll over and play dead because they threatened to throw us out of the OHSAA.”

Trending - Most Read Stories