WATCH LIVE: Mayor Nan Whaley talks about shooting of Dayton officer at 7:30 p.m.
DAYTON — UPDATE @ 10:45 p.m. (Nov. 5) Dayton Police Detective Jorge Del Rio, who was serving as part of a DEA task force, remains in critical condition after he was shot in the line of duty.
Del Rio, a 55-year-old 30-year police veteran, was shot in the face twice Monday night at a house in the 1400 block of Ruskin Road in Dayton.
Tuesday night, he was in grave condition at Grandview Medical Center and is on “advanced life support,” police department officials said via Twitter.
Here is a guide to our complete coverage — and everything you need to know now. We will update this report as we learn more.
- Dayton detective, in grave condition, is on advanced life support
- Accused shooter, 2 other men face federal charges; 4th man jailed
- Timeline of officer shooting
- Dayton officer who was shot has been identified
- Dayton officer shot: Police to give update at 3 p.m. press conference
- What we DON'T know: Questions we're working to get answers to
- FOP president on shooting: 'We're hoping for the best, planning for the worst'
- VIDEO: Dayton Police Chief Biehl talks about Dayton detective who was shot
- Dayton detective shot: Community reacts, offers support on social media