— The case into the disappearance of Cheryl Coker, 46, is now being investigated as a homicide, Riverside police said.
>> Cheryl Coker case now homicide investigation, husband named suspect
Cheryl’s husband William “Bill” Coker has been named as the suspect in the case.
Riverside police released a timeline of the events that have led to them naming Bill a suspect in the case:
OCTOBER 2, 2018 (Date of Cheryl’s disappearance)
- Approximately 7:35 a.m.: Cheryl’s phone records show she arrived back at home after dropping her daughter off at school.
- 7:40 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.: Cheryl makes several Facebook posts.
- 7:35 a.m. to 10:51 a.m.: Cheryl’s phone pings at her house.
- Around 10:52 a.m.: Cheryl’s cell phone pings near Kroger at 700 Spinning Road.
- At approximately 10:52 a.m.: Cheryl’s Toyota Highlander enters surveillance video in the parking lot of Kroger and is parked on the east part of the parking lot, closer to Clancy’s Tavern.
- A person dressed in all black, who appears to have their hood pulled up, exits Cheryl’s vehicle and walks north in the parking lot toward Burkhardt Road.
- At 10:53 a.m.: The person dressed in all black is seen walking
- At approximately 11:13 a.m.: A 911 caller calls dispatch.
- A 911 caller reports a suspicious white male dressed in all black with his hood pulled up walking in the neighborhood a short distance from the Coker residence.
- The 911 caller first sees the white male near Utopia Place at Mundy Court.
- The 911 caller circles the block, because he fears the white male is up to something
- The 911 caller see the suspicious man a second time walking up Spring Garden Place at Christy Avenue, toward the back of Spinning Hills Middle School.
- The 911 caller states the man used his hands to conceal his face.
- A second witness, whose name and information is being withheld by police, reports seeing the same man on Spring Garden Place at Christy Avenue.
- The second witness sees the man walking toward the back of Spinning Hills Middle School.
- The second witness reports how odd it was that the man was dressed for cold weather, despite unseasonably warm temperatures on Oct. 2.
- The second witness gives nearly the same description the 911 caller gave to dispatch
- At approximately 11:09 a.m. to 11:10 a.m: The suspicious male is seen on four different exterior cameras at Spinning Hills Middle School. All four videos show the man walking toward the Coker residence.
- At approximately 8:08 p.m.: Another video from inside Kroger shows William Coker enter the grocery store wearing all dark clothing; a black polo shirt, dark-colored shorts and dark-colored shoes. The video also shows a visible injury above William Coker’s left elbow.
- At approximately 8:11 p.m.: William Coker makes a purchase at the Kroger and exits the business.