Crime And Law

Man arrested in Riverside SWAT standoff ID’d

RIVERSIDE — UPDATE @ 9:54 a.m.:

The suspect involved in a standoff Sunday morning with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team and multiple agencies in Riverside has been identified.

Jeffrey Jordan, 48, was booked into Montgomery County Jail around 7:30 a.m. but has not been formally charged. He was booked on suspicion of inducing panic, according to jail records.

UPDATE @ 7:55 a.m.:

A more than four-hour police standoff involving multiple departments and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team ended Sunday morning after police took a 48-year-old man into custody.

Sgt. David Crigler of the Riverside Police Department confirmed crews were dispatched at approximately 1:50 a.m. to the 400 block of Darnell Street for a domestic violence call. The standoff ended around 6:15 a.m. The Riverside Fire Department, Huber Heights and Trotwood units also assisted.

>> Dayton man indicted for reporting a false home invasion, shooting in Centerville

The suspect’s wife told police she called for help after he threatened her, loaded a weapon and then pointed it at her. He then turned the gun on himself, threatening suicide, Crigler said. She was able to leave unharmed.

Crigler said a SWAT team was deemed necessary after the suspect refused to leave the home. Police attempted communicating with the him using a megaphone but were unsuccessful. They eventually made contact with the suspect through multiple phone calls.

The suspect was taken into custody without incident and is expected to be booked into the Montgomery County Jail for domestic violence.

UPDATE @ 6:41 a.m.: 

A standoff incident involving SWAT, and Riverside and Trotwood police departments has ended Sunday morning with a man taken into custody.

The incident occurred at a residence in the 400 block of Darnell Street and ended at approximately 6:15 a.m. when the man was taken into custody. Police ordered the man to lay on the ground after he walked backwards out of the residence and then placed him in handcuffs.

>>POLICE: 1 brother in custody, 1 found dead after 2-day search in Indiana

The man has been described as a “middle-aged Caucasian” but his identity remains unknown.

Police have not released the circumstances regarding the standoff or what charges the man may face.


A SWAT team arrived at a residence in the 400 block of Darnell Street in Riverside Sunday morning.

City dispatch confirmed a SWAT team arrived at approximately 4:25 a.m. Sunday but could not provide any details regarding the situation.

We are on our way to the scene and will update this story as more details become available.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to

Comments on this article