What to Know Before Your First Visit to a Miracle-Ear Hearing Aid Center
According to a survey conducted in 2018 by Consumer Reports, Miracle-Ear earned above-average scores when it came to evaluation, discussion, product options, answering questions, courtesy, training and follow-up service. Unfortunately, price transparency and price plan options are two categories in which Miracle-Ear received lower scores. Consumer Reports members can see the full ratings and reviews here.
- What Hearing Aids Are Available at Miracle-Ear?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids at Miracle-Ear Cost?
- Using Insurance at Miracle-Ear
- Free Services and Warranty Information
- How To Book an Appointment
What Hearing Aids Are Available at Miracle-Ear?
At Miracle-Ear, you'll be able to choose from three hearing aid styles including completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids, receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aids and behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids.
To learn more about the different types and styles of hearing aids available, visit Miracle-Ear's website.
- Miracle-EarMINI: These hearing aids are available as in-the-hear or receiver-in-canal devices. They're small and discreet but still offer advanced features.
- Miracle-EarCONNECT: Available as receiver-in-canal or behind-the-ear devices, these hearings feature Bluetooth connectivity.
- Miracle-EarENERGY: These fully-rechargeable hearing aids are available as receiver-in-canal or behind-the-ear devices. They use lithium-ion technology to replace the need for disposable batteries.
- Miracle-EarEASY: These affordable, functional models are available as receiver-in-canal or behind-the-ear styles. They come with basic features and a lower price tag.
You can click on each model above to learn more about the specific technology and styles available. Additionally, you can visit Miracle-Ear's website for more information and helpful feature comparisons.
How Much Do Hearing Aids at Miracle-Ear Cost?
Generally speaking, Miracle-Ear's prices range from average to slightly higher than average. While specific prices vary based on your needs, Miracle-Ear's website states that the cost of a hearing aid ranges from $1,000 to $4,000.
Unfortunately, hearing aids aren't cheap. In fact, a 2019 survey by Consumer Reports revealed that respondents typically spent $2,691 out of pocket for a pair of hearing aids. That's $1,345.50 for just one hearing aid!
What Determines The Cost of a Hearing Aid?
The actual cost of hearing aids varies according to several things. According to Miracle-Ear, these are a few of the biggest factors that will determine the overall cost of your hearing aids:
- Hearing aid choice and fitting. You'll work with a licensed hearing care professional to determine which device works best for you.
- Lifetime aftercare. At Miracle-Ear, this service is included in the original price of the hearing aid. Lifetime aftercare includes a variety of free services throughout the lifetime of the device(s) including hearing aid testing, cleanings, fittings, repairs and annual exams.
- Technology level. The more advanced features your hearing aid includes, the more it will cost. These features could include rechargeability, direct streaming, tinnitus control, voice recognition or directional microphones.
When it comes to your health, it's always important to choose the option that works best for you. Still, if the total cost is an important factor for you when it comes to buying hearing aids, know that you may find more competitive prices at Costco.
"If you're required to be a member to buy hearing aids at a warehouse club price, it is well worth the membership fee to do so," says money expert Clark Howard. "You're not going to get a worse hearing aid or worse service. You're only going to get the difference in price."
Using Insurance at Miracle-Ear
Many of Miracle-Ear's locations accept most major insurance plans.
It's recommended that you call your nearest hearing aid center to verify coverage before you make your first appointment.
Finally, financial aid through the Miracle-Ear Foundation is also available for certain customers. The foundation aims to help underserved Americans with limited income and no other resources for hearing aids such as insurance, Medicaid, VA or other state/federal programs. You can find more details about the Miracle-Ear Foundation online.
Free Services and Warranty Information
If you think you may be experiencing hearing loss, you can visit Miracle-Ear's website to take a free online hearing test. You'll listen to six sound clips of everyday scenarios such as people talking in a restaurant or someone asking for directions on the street. Then you'll answer questions about what you've heard. The whole test takes about five minutes and could give you a better idea of your overall hearing health.
If you think you may need a hearing aid, you can also schedule a free in-person hearing exam with a hearing care professional. At the exam, you'll discuss your hearing health history, and you'll undergo an ear canal inspection, hearing threshold test and a speech discrimination test. Afterward, you'll be able to discuss the results and recommended next steps.
In addition to free hearing tests, the purchase of any hearing aid at Miracle-Ear includes the cost of lifetime care. Lifetime care entitles you to free services including follow-up appointments, hearing aid checks and cleanings, device repairs and adjustments, annual hearing tests and more during the lifespan of the device(s).
Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids come with a three-year limited warranty. The warranty covers accidental loss and damage with repair and replacement services. Of course, certain exclusions apply. You can find more information on Miracle-Ear's warranty online.
If you aren't completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return the hearing aid(s) for a full refund within 30 days of your fitting. Check out Miracle-Ear's terms and conditions online for the details.
How To Book an Appointment
The easiest way to book an appointment at Miracle-Ear is online. You can visit this website to get started. Simply enter your ZIP code and select a location.
If you'd rather not book your appointment online, you can use the store locator to find the phone number of your nearest Miracle-Ear hearing aid center. You can call the store directly during business hours to schedule an appointment.
According to the website, Miracle-Ear is monitoring the recommendations of the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as following the guidelines of local, state and federal health officials. Miracle-Ear has implemented a series of safety measures in an effort to reduce the spread of COVD-19.
According to the website, these safety measures include the following:
- Store sanitization
- Staff and patient temperature screenings
- Social distancing
- Personal protective equipment for staff and patients
For more information on how Miracle-Ear is addressing COVID-19, visit the website.
- Free Hearing Test: You can take a free online hearing test or schedule a free hearing exam with a hearing care professional. The free in-person exam is easy to schedule and includes everything you'll need to make an informed decision about your hearing needs.
- Lifetime Services: If you do purchase a hearing aid from Miracle-Ear, lifetime services are included. These services include follow-up exams, repairs, cleanings and more during the lifetime of the device(s).
- Selection: You'll find several different styles and types of hearing aids available at Miracle-Ear that are suited to fit a variety of needs. Whether you're looking for something discreet, budget-friendly or Bluetooth-capable, you'll find something that fits your needs at Miracle-Ear.
- Pricing: The cost of hearing aids can range from $1,000 to $4,000 according to the website. If the total cost is a big determining factor for you, consider checking out the selection at Costco before making your final decision.
- Ordering: Unfortunately, you can't order hearing aids online from Miracle-Ear. You will have to call or schedule an appointment online and visit in-person in order to buy a hearing aid.
Where do you purchase your hearing aids? Let us know in the comments below!
More Clark.com Content To Help You Save on Hearing Aids:
- The Best Deals on Hearing Aids Right Now
- Costco Hearing Aids: 5 Things to Know Before You Buy
- 10 Retailers Offering the Best Deals on Quality Hearing Aids
The post Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids: 5 Things to Know Before You Buy appeared first on Clark Howard.