1 taken to hospital, 2 cats die in Greenville house fire

Fire reported in Greenville

One person was taken to the hospital and two cats were killed due to a house fire in Greenville this evening.

Fire crews responded to a house fire on Dover Drive around 7:30 p.m. to find heavy flames near the back of the house.

Content Continues Below

Two people were home during the time of the fire.

Details of the individual’s condition are unavailable at this time.

The fire is reportedly a result of cooking oil that was left on the stove.