FAIRBORN — For the first time in over three decades, Wright State University announced the formation of a new college opening this upcoming fall semester. The College of Health, Education and Human Services was approved by a unanimous vote from the Wright State Board of Trustees on Feb. 19.
The new college will include the following existing undergraduate and graduate programs:
- Kinesiology and Health
- Professional Psychology
- Social Work
- Human Services
- Teacher Education
- Leadership Studies in Education and Organizations
The university will reorganize programs from three different colleges and seven departments into one new college.
Additionally, the university announced the college will be organized into four new schools:
- Miami Valley School or Nursing, Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- School of Social Work and Human Services
- School of Education and Leadership
- School of Professional Psychology
This spring, a search committee will oversee a national search for the college’s founding dean.
© 2021 Cox Media Group