TROTWOOD — The 16-year-old boy accused of raping two different women at gunpoint in early December will remain in the juvenile detention center.
The teen appeared in juvenile court on Tuesday on two counts each of aggravated burglary, rape and kidnapping, records show. Denial pleas -- the juvenile court equivalent of not guilty -- were entered for each charge.
DNA evidence led to the arrest Monday of the 16-year-old boy in connection to the rapes of two women in one Trotwood neighborhood, Trotwood Police Chief Erik Wilson announced during a press conference.
The teen lived in the same Salem Village neighborhood as the two rape victims.
The two rapes were reported Dec. 3 and Dec. 5. The suspect was described as a younger male with a thin build, who stood between 5 feet 8 and 5 feet 10 inches. In the first assault, the suspect entered through a back door and in the second, through a back window.
“It was believed the same suspect had committed both of these offenses,” Wilson said.
The suspect was linked to the crimes through his DNA, which already was on file, Wilson said.
According to juvenile court records, the 16-year-old was previously found responsible for a felony burglary charge in June 2018, misdemeanor theft in March 2018 and a unruly charge in December 2016. He received probation in each of those cases.
Got a tip? Call our 24-hour monitored line, 937-259-2237, or send it to email@example.com