MIAMI VALLEY — As we wrap up the second week of January with minimal snow so far this season, a storm system set to pass near or through the Miami Valley this weekend may finally bring us more than a coating of snow. Right now, there is a chance for snow, primarily across the eastern and southeastern Miami Valley by Sunday evening.
WHAT WE KNOW
- A strong area of low pressure will arrive from the south this brining the chance for snow.
- The timing of the snow showers will be primarily this evening. However, the southeastern counties may see light snow later this afternoon.
- Snow showers taper off tonight but another round of snow showers will move in Monday morning.
- Less snow northwest; Heavier snow southeast
- Any snow that falls will cause hazardous travel conditions that may
Weather impacts with this storm and Monday’s snow showers:
- Slick roads. Especially the ones that are left untreated
- Reduced visibility at times
- Light accumulations
After the low pressure system moves out of the Miami Valley tonight, it won’t be long until another batch of snow showers arrives early Monday morning. Additional light accumulations will be possible on top of what has already fallen on Sunday night. As far as snowfall totals for Monday, most areas will pick up 0.5 inches or less. Snow showers taper off into the afternoon. Winds increase with gusts up to 30MPH at times.
Stay tuned to News Center 7 and WHIO for updates.
©2022 Cox Media Group