MIAMI VALLEY — Rumpke says Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will not impact their trash and recycling collection.
Trash and recycling collection will run as scheduled during the weeks of December 20 and December 27.
According to a release, Rumpke said they expect to see a 25 percent increase in the amount of waste and recycling they collect over the holidays.
Rumpke said that residents should only place acceptable items in the trash or recycling.
The following items are listed as acceptable for recycling:
- Cardboard boxes, including shipping boxes (please break down and fit in container)
- Wrapping paper (non-foil)
- Wrapping paper rolls (cardboard)
- Paper gift bags
- Gift boxes
- Postcards, greeting cards and envelopes
- Newspapers, junk mail and sales ads
- Clean pizza boxes
- Paperboard (like cracker or cereal boxes)
- Plastic bottles, jugs and tubs
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- Cartons (like broth and egg nog)
- Aluminum and steel cans
Rumpke said the following items are not acceptable for recycling:
- Tissue paper
- Foil wrapping paper
- Packing peanuts or plastic packaging
- Christmas lights
- Food waste
- Plastic bags (this includes bagging recyclable material
- Textiles (clothing, bedsheets, stuffed animals)
Rumpke said batteries do not belong in your trash or recycling. They recommend contacting your local solid waste district to learn how to properly dispose of batteries.
©2021 Cox Media Group