MIAMI VALLEY — Several roads are closed in northern Miami Valley counties this morning due to flooding and high water after heavy rain and strong storms swept through the region Thursday.
According to the National Weather Service in Wilmington, showers and storms have already produced up to 2 inches of rain, and as showers continue to fall another half inch of rain is possible.
A Flood Warning is in effect until 2:45 p.m. for Auglaize, Darke and Mercer counties.
Runoff from the rainfall has resulted in continued flooding issues for the morning commute, as well as numerous road closures.
The following roads are affected because of flooding as of 3:30 a.m.:
- Law enforcement officials say multiple roads are closed due to high water. "Every other road in the county is either closed or there is high water", dispatch said. Officials say road closed and high water signs have been placed to alert drivers.
- NWS Wilmington reports one road closure near New Weston.
- Ohio 219, east of Coldwater is closed
- Schunk Road in Celina is closed
- Fleetfoot Road, north of Ohio 219 in Coldwater is closed