Monday afternoon the Cincinnati Bengals were 4.5 point underdogs in the Super Bowl matchup against the LA Rams.
The Super Bowl is one of the most bet on events in the world every year.
Even though legal sports betting isn’t up and running yet here in Ohio, plenty of people will be placing wagers around the big game.
Prop bets are popular in the Super Bowl. Some of those wagers have nothing to do with the outcome of the game, like how long does the National Anthem take.
News Center 7′s John Bedell did some research and here are some of the prop bets involving Super Bowl LVI:
- How long will it take country music star Mickey Guyton to get through the Star-Spangled Banner
- Wager on the result of the coin toss and bet heads or tails
- Which car company commercial will be shown first
- The halftime show and which song gets played first
- Which team will call the game’s first time out
- Guess the color Gatorade that gets dumped on the winning coach
Derek Longmeier with the Problem Gambling Network of Ohio says there are resources for people who are struggling with sports betting or other gambling issues.
“As we look at the new year, the Super Bowl can be that kickoff to the sports betting season. Looking from Super Bowl, especially this year with the Olympics to then into March Madness next month,” Longmeier said. ““The first place to go is our statewide campaign if you gamble get set before you bet. And that web site is beforeyoubet.org, a lot of great resources there including a 10-question quiz, multiple choice, just to assess your relationship with gambling.”
Longmeier said it’s important to budget how much money and time you’ll spend on gambling to make sure you’re betting responsibly.
©2022 Cox Media Group