Multiple crashes are being reported throughout the Miami Valley Thursday morning. Weather and wet roads have been confirmed as contributing factors in some of the crashes.
An Ice Storm Warning has been issued for all of the Miami Valley until noon. A Significant amount of ice accumulation will make road conditions dangerous, or impossible.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the the following counties until noon: Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Logan, Darke, Miami, Champaign and Clark.
As of 8 a.m. reported crashes include:
- On northbound I-675 near U.S. 35 a crash was reported on the right side of the road around 8:20 a.m.
- On I-675 at Indian Ripple Road in Beavercreek, there are wires across the roadway.
- On South Columbus Road near East Main Street in Xenia, police were requested to block the road for a utility issue.
- On Grange Hall Road north of Dayton Xenia Road in Beavercreek a downed wires were reported around 6:55 a.m.
- On Little Sugarcreek Road near Glenwood Way, the road is blocked for a tree down.
- On Bickett Road between U.S. 35 and Jasper Road, a downed tree is blocking part of the road.
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 35 to northbound I-675 in Beavercreek was shut down for a crash involving up to at least 11 vehicles, including a fire truck, officials confirm. It has since reopened.
- On westbound U.S. 35 near New Jasper Station Road in New Jasper Twp., a series of crashes has resulted in one fatality, the Ohio State Highway Patrol confirm.
- On Rubicon Road and East Schantz Avenue in Oakwood, a tree has fallen across the roadway and on top of a car at 8:30 a.m.
- In the 900 block of West Central Avenue in Centerville, a crash was reported around 7:30 a.m.
- On Lyons Road near Ohio 725 in Washington Twp., a downed tree was reported around 7:05 a.m.
- On Far Hills Avenue near Oakwood High School, a downed tree is blocking part of Far Hills, according to a caller into this newsroom.
- On Cornell Drive at Shaftesbury Road in Dayton, a crash involving a Dayton police cruiser was reported around 6:45 a.m.
- On Peters Pike near Little York in Butler Twp. downed wires are blocking Peters Pike.
- On Brandt Pike near Nebraska Drive in Huber Heights, a downed wires are blocking Brandt Pike
- In the 1900 block of Rosemont Boulevard, reports of a tree down.
- On Paragon Road and West Spring Valley Pike in Washington Twp., reports of a tree down.
- On West Whipp Road and Far Hills Avenue in Washington Twp., reports of a tree down.
- In the 1200 block of East Dorothy Lane near Wilmington Pike, reports of downed wires.
- Northbound I-71 on the Jeremiah Morrow Bridge, a series of crashes caused the interstate to be shut down. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, it has since reopened.