Multiple crashes are being reported throughout the Miami Valley Thursday morning. Weather and wet roads have been confirmed as contributing factors in some of the crashes.
RELATED: Icy conditions knock out power to thousands Thursday morning
An Ice Storm Warning has been issued for all of the Miami Valley until noon. A Significant amount of ice accumulation will make road conditions dangerous, or impossible.
>>School Closings and Delays: Stay up to date
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the the following counties until noon: Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Logan, Darke, Miami, Champaign and Clark.
>> Slick morning commute: Here's how to prepare for winter driving
As of 8 a.m. reported crashes include:
- On northbound I-675 near U.S. 35 a crash was reported on the right side of the road around 8:20 a.m.
- On I-675 at Indian Ripple Road in Beavercreek, there are wires across the roadway.
- On South Columbus Road near East Main Street in Xenia, police were requested to block the road for a utility issue.
- On Grange Hall Road north of Dayton Xenia Road in Beavercreek a downed wires were reported around 6:55 a.m.
- On Little Sugarcreek Road near Glenwood Way, the road is blocked for a tree down.
- On Bickett Road between U.S. 35 and Jasper Road, a downed tree is blocking part of the road.
- The ramp from eastbound U.S. 35 to northbound I-675 in Beavercreek was shut down for a crash involving up to at least 11 vehicles, including a fire truck, officials confirm. It has since reopened.
- On westbound U.S. 35 near New Jasper Station Road in New Jasper Twp., a series of crashes has resulted in one fatality, the Ohio State Highway Patrol confirm.
- On Rubicon Road and East Schantz Avenue in Oakwood, a tree has fallen across the roadway and on top of a car at 8:30 a.m.
- In the 900 block of West Central Avenue in Centerville, a crash was reported around 7:30 a.m.
- On Lyons Road near Ohio 725 in Washington Twp., a downed tree was reported around 7:05 a.m.
- On Far Hills Avenue near Oakwood High School, a downed tree is blocking part of Far Hills, according to a caller into this newsroom.
- On Cornell Drive at Shaftesbury Road in Dayton, a crash involving a Dayton police cruiser was reported around 6:45 a.m.
- On Peters Pike near Little York in Butler Twp. downed wires are blocking Peters Pike.
- On Brandt Pike near Nebraska Drive in Huber Heights, a downed wires are blocking Brandt Pike
- In the 1900 block of Rosemont Boulevard, reports of a tree down.
- On Paragon Road and West Spring Valley Pike in Washington Twp., reports of a tree down.
- On West Whipp Road and Far Hills Avenue in Washington Twp., reports of a tree down.
- In the 1200 block of East Dorothy Lane near Wilmington Pike, reports of downed wires.
- Northbound I-71 on the Jeremiah Morrow Bridge, a series of crashes caused the interstate to be shut down. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, it has since reopened.