RIVERSIDE — A local woman says she won’t be ordering fast food any time soon after finding a nose ring in her Quarter Pounder meal.
The woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told News Center 7 she picked up the meal from the McDonald’s located on Harshman Road, brought it home, and received a huge shock.
“We were just eating and there was so much mayo and lettuce, so I took my fry to go wipe the side of it off, and I heard this plop in the box. It was a nose ring,” she said.
The woman, who was eating with her boyfriend and her three-year-old niece, took a couple of quick pictures then immediately threw all their food away. She plucked out the nose ring and saved her receipt.
She said she called the McDonald’s manager to report it, then reported it on the company app, but days later there has been no apology or offer of reimbursement.
“All I wanted from the beginning was acknowledgment, I feel like I was ignored,” she said.
Dan Suffoletto, Public Information Manager for Public Health- Dayton & Montgomery County, said the office of environmental health conducted an inspection Monday.
Suffoletto said they did not get a direct answer from workers about whether anyone lost a nose ring.
They did do updated food prep training with all workers on hand.
“We didn’t find anything today that indicated problems with food preparation,” Suffoletto said.
The complainant is still hoping to hear more from McDonald’s and is just happy now that the nose ring was not in her niece’s food or that she didn’t swallow the nose ring.
“This is someone’s nose piercing that was physically in their body,” she said.
News Center 7 is working to learn the franchise owner of this store and reaching out to them and McDonald’s corporate spokespersons.
We will continue updating this story as we learn more.
©2023 Cox Media Group