Natural gas meter fuels Sidney house fire; firefighter injured

SIDNEY — Firefighters found flames coming from the rear of a home on Fair Oaks Drive in Sidney Monday night and a gas meter continued to fuel the fire.

The fire happened around 8 p.m. in the 1800 block of Fair Oaks.

>> Shark sighting: Miami County woman finds shark head along Great Miami banks

Everyone was able to get out of the house before firefighters got to the house to battle the flames.

“Firefighters completed an aggressive interior attack into the attic space while working to extinguish the fire on the exterior of the home,” Sidney Fire Department said in a release. “Crews had to work around a down power line in the rear of the residence. The natural gas was controlled at the meter by fire personnel.”

A firefighter was hurt during the fire and was taken to Wilson Health to be treated for injuries.

The cause of the fire is still not determined and it caused about $85,000 in damage.