Grain dryer catches fire at South Charleston cooperative

Firefighters from Madison Township, London and Cedarville responded to a fire in a grain dryer Tuesday at Sunrise Cooperative in South Charleston.

Several fire departments responded around noon Tuesday to Sunrise Cooperative Inc. (South Charleston Grain) for a grain dryer that was on fire.

The fire was on the side of a grain elevator and smoke was coming out of the top.

Content Continues Below

An aerial fire truck from London sprayed water into the container to put the smoke out.

South Williams Street will be closed while crews from Madison Twp., London and Cedarville put out the fire.

No injuries were reported.