Widespread rain throughout the Miami Valley this week has caused area roads, mainly in northern counties, to be shut down because of high water.
— Widespread rain throughout the Miami Valley this week has caused area roads, mainly in northern counties, to be shut down because of high water.
>>Watch News Center 7 LIVE here
>> PHOTOS: Flooding throughout northern parts of Miami Valley
Flood advisories, warnings, and watches have been in effect since the consistent rain began.
One hospital in Bellefontaine was forced to close its emergency department and transfer critical care patients to other area hospitals last night after several inches of water partially flooded the building.
Here are some of the current road closures, furnished through the National Weather Service in Wilmington and local dispatch centers.
- Ohio 235 and Ohio 708
- Ohio 235 and Ohio 220
- Multiple side streets are affected by high water
- Ohio 127, south of Celina
- U.S 219, between Ohio 703 and U.S. 127
- Ohio 118, south of Ohio 29 is closed
- Several side roads are closed and the townships/county are out of road closed signs to alert drivers. Drivers are asked to use caution and not take chances if they encounter roads with high water
- The 0 and 1000 block of Miami River Road
- High water and road closings at 15,000 and 18,000 blocks of Ohio 274 at Staley
- The 9000 block of Wells Road
- The 9000 block of Southland Road
- The 16,000 block of Wenger Road
- The 8,000 block of Botkins Road
- Schroder Road
- Ohio 364 between Cone and Southland
- Greenville Road at Balkhead Road
- Greenville Road between Cedar and Cemetery
- Route 66A and Old Mill Road
- Ohio 364 at Greenville Road
- Gutman Road between Sante Fe Line and Valley roads
- Edgewater Drive