Several roads are closed after showers and storms swept through the area on Monday causing flooding and high water.
Flood Warnings, Watches, and Advisories are in effect for nearly the entire Miami Valley, some until tomorrow.
With water across the roadway, drivers cannot always determine the depth of the water or the condition of the road under the water, the Ohio Department of Transportation said.
Six inches of moving water can knock a person down and a mere two feet of water can move a large vehicle.
Scattered showers and storms, some possibly severe, are expected to continue through the day bringing the threat of heavy rain and gusty winds.
The following roads are affected as of 11:30 a.m:
- Sullivan Road between Yearion Road and Hite Road in Urbana
- Millerstown Road in Urbana
- Spangler Road, north and south of Union Road
- Rip Rap Road and Taylorsville Road in Huber Heights
- East Martindale Road at the Stillwater River in Butler Twp.
- The 100 block of Mary Street in Botkins
- The 100 block of Warren Street in Botkins
- The 100 block, the 0 block and the 1000 block of Miami River Road
- The 9000 block of Southland Road
- The 10000 block and the 14000 of Wells Road